Textbook Transformation Grants
The State of Georgia’s budget includes funding to support a USG initiative, Affordable Learning Georgia (ALG), which focuses on reducing the costs of textbooks and the enhancement of GALILEO, Georgia’s Virtual Library and ALG’s parent initiative. A key strategy is to provide grant-supported opportunities for USG faculty, libraries, and institutions to transform their use of textbooks and other learning materials into lower cost options. The Affordable Learning Georgia Textbook Transformation Grants are intended to:
- Pilot different approaches in USG courses for textbook transformation including adoption, adaptation, and creation of Open Educational Resources (OER) and/or identification and adoption of materials already available in GALILEO and USG libraries.
- Provide support to faculty, libraries, and their institutions to implement these approaches.
- Lower the cost of college for students and contribute to their retention, progression, and graduation.
Round One: Spring 2015
- Round One Projects Gallery
- Round One Final Report Summary (PDF)
- Round One Proposals, Materials, and Final Reports
- Information for Round One Grantees
Round Two: Summer 2015, Fall 2015, Spring 2016
- Round Two Projects Gallery
- Round Two Final Report Summary (PDF)
- Round Two Proposals, Materials, and Final Reports
- Information for Round Two Grantees