Affordable Learning Georgia is an initiative with multiple projects aimed at making higher education more affordable and accessible to our students. Our current projects are:
- In order to work with each institution in the USG more effectively, ALG has created a Campus Champions and Library Coordinators program.
- Campus Champions are representatives from every USG institution, working within their campus to inform faculty, staff, and students about Affordable Learning Georgia and the benefits of open educational resources.
- Library Coordinators are librarians from every USG institution, working together with a Campus Champion to identify, evaluate, and provide access to affordable, library-subscribed, and open educational resources. They also inform faculty, staff, and students about ALG and OERs alongside the Campus Champion.
ALG & eCore OER Partnership
- Affordable Learning Georgia and eCore, Georgia’s College Core Curriculum Online are working together to make open educational resources available as a replacement for textbooks in every eCore course.
- Affordable Learning Georgia seeks to provide appropriate open educational resources to the 50 most-enrolled lower-division courses in the USG. Click the above link for details.
- Affordable Learning Georgia is working closely with USG campus stores to support their efforts to provide affordable learning materials, including the identification of strategies that will increase the availability of lower cost choices at the point of adoption by faculty and improve student choice at the point of sale.